Monday, June 23, 2014

Excellent Sweet Coleslaw

This is the BEST basic coleslaw recipe!  Its very easy to make and is always a huge hit.  I found this recipe on allrecipes.

Ingredients:
-16 oz. bag coleslaw mix {or the equivalent in thinly sliced cabbage and carrots}
- 2 tbsp diced onion {we like red onion and I usually add more than 2 tbsp}
-2/3 cups miracle whip
-3 tbsp vegetable oil 
-1/2 cup sugar
-1 tbsp vinegar
-1/4 tsp salt
-1/2 tsp poppy seeds

Process:
1. Combine coleslaw mix and onion in a large bowl.
2. Mix together miracle whip, oil, sugar, vinegar, salt and poppy seeds.
 3. Pour dressing over cabbage mixture, toss well to coat.
4. Cover and chill at least 2 hours before serving.
Notes:
*Sometimes I will just put everything in a bowl together and mix it all at once.
*Its also easy to mix the dressing ingredients in the large bowl then add the onion and coleslaw.
*I don't always allow 2 hours for chilling and its still great!

Enjoy!

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say; let me know what you think. I look forward to comments and will reply to your comments or questions! Thanks for checking out my blog; come back to visit soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...