Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Crockpot Bacon Cheeseburger Chowder

This is a super tasty and very easy crockpot chowder.  Fantastic for one of these beautiful spring days, get it mixed up the day before or the morning of and let it cook throughout the day.  

Ingredients:
-1 lb. ground beef
-1 cup diced onions {I used my garden onions, that I sliced in the food processor and froze for using throughout the winter}
-2 cups shredded cheddar cheese {I like sharp cheddar}
-5 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled {I used about 1/2 cup real bacon bits/pieces}
-1/2 cup celery, chopped {2-3 stalks}
-1 cup chopped or shredded carrot {about 1 large carrot}
-2 cups potatoes, cubed {I used 3 small}
-8 oz. cream cheese, cubed
-4 cups chicken, vegetable or beef broth {32 oz.}
-1/4 cup flour {I used corn flour}
-1 cup milk
-3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced {I used 2 tsp minced dried garlic}
-1 tsp salt
-1/2 tsp pepper
Process:
1. Brown ground beef, rinse and drain of all grease.
 2. In crockpot, combine celery, carrot, potatoes, broth, flour, garlic, salt and pepper.
I browned the frozen onions and then roughly chopped them before adding to the crockpot.
 3. Add drained beef, bacon, onions and cream cheese.
 4. Stir well.
 5. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours.
6. About 10-15 minutes before serving mix in milk and cheese.  Recover and cook for the remaining 10-15 minutes and enjoy!
{I forgot to take pictures just before serving; but it looked great and tasted fantastic!} Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say; let me know what you think. I look forward to comments and will reply to your comments or questions! Thanks for checking out my blog; come back to visit soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...