Monday, January 27, 2014

Crunchy Apple & Grape Salad

Well, we are now back to below zero weather and a head cold is working its way through our house.  Right now seems to be my turn, big bummer!  

So, since I know I'm not going to want to make supper later; I started a Crockpot Bacon Cheeseburger Chowder this morning.  All I'm going to do later, is make some fresh dough in my bread maker so I can serve the chowder with fresh bread or baguette.  {Recipe to come later this week.}

Well, time for this wonderful Crunchy Apple & Grape Salad!  The original recipe was found from Tasty Kitchen.  

The recipe makes 8 servings; I actually halved it, since I suspected I would be the only one eating it.  {The measurements for a half batch of the salad are listed at the end of this post. The process for combining the salad is the same.}
Ingredients for full batch of Dressing:
-1 cup vanilla yogurt
-1/3 cup sugar
-1/3 cup brown sugar
-1/2 cup mayo
-about 2 tsp lemon juice
-1/2 tsp ground cinnamon

Salad Ingredients for a full batch:
-4 apples, cored and diced
-1 pear, cored and diced
-1 stalk celery, diced
-1/2 cup slivered almonds
-1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
-2 cups seedless grapes, halved

Process:
1. Mix dressing ingredients in a medium bowl.  
*Place in refrigerator while you make the salad, optional.
2. Add apples, pear, celery and grapes.
3. Stir to combine.
4. Add the walnuts and almonds.
5. Stir to combine well.
6. Enjoy immediately or refrigerate before serving, within the same day.


Ingredients for a Half Batch of Salad:
Ingredients for half a batch of Dressing:
-1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
-8 tsp sugar
-8 tsp brown sugar
-1/4 cup mayo
-about 1 tsp lemon juice
-1/4 tsp ground cinnamon

Salad Ingredients for half batch:
-3 apples, cored and diced {I skipped the pear}
-1/2 stalk celery, diced
-1/4 cup slivered almonds
-1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
-1 cup seedless grapes, halved
I hope these instructions make sense, considering the cloud in my head!  Please ask if something isn't clear.

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say; let me know what you think. I look forward to comments and will reply to your comments or questions! Thanks for checking out my blog; come back to visit soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...