Thursday, January 23, 2014

Crockpot Sloppy Joes

These are so easy to make!  You can put the ground beef in the crockpot frozen or not.  
I found the original recipe from The Stay-at-Home Chef... I looked for the recipe on the site was not able to find it!

Note:  You could use a low fat content if you are worried about the extra grease since its tough to drain off the grease from the cooked sloppy joes.  I used an 85%/15% blend and it wasn't overly greasy.

I think I'll be making these for supper tonight!  Serve them on some fresh buns with pickles or any other toppings you like on your sloppy joes!  Enjoy!

Ingredients:
-1 1/2 lb. ground beef {or other ground meat, no need to thaw if frozen}
-1 cup tomato sauce
-1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
-1 tbsp molasses
-1 tsp worchestershire sauce
-1 tsp onion powder
-1/2 tsp garlic powder
-salt and pepper to taste {about 1 or 2 tsp each}
-1/2 to 3/4 cup brown sugar
-dash cayenne pepper
-2 tbsp prepared yellow mustard
-2 oz. applesauce, grape jelly or apple butter

Process:
1. Place all ingredients in crockpot.  Turn on low and stir occasionally, to blend everything and break up the meat as it cooks.
2. Allow to cook for 6-8 hours, the mixture should thicken up.
3. Enjoy with your favorite sloppy joe toppings!

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say; let me know what you think. I look forward to comments and will reply to your comments or questions! Thanks for checking out my blog; come back to visit soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...