Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Crockpot Chicken Bacon Ranch

This recipe was very easy to "throw" together; you could get everything in the crockpot the night before and just start it the next morning.
Ingredients:
-3 garlic cloves, minced OR about 1 1/2-2 tsp dried minced garlic
-1 pkg. ranch dressing mix {I used my Homemade Mix #1 OR #2; they're both good}
-10.75 oz. can cream of chicken soup {I used my cream soup substitute}
-1 cup Greek yogurt or sour cream
-about 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts {I didn't bother thawing them ahead of time}
-1/2 cup real bacon bits or pieces
-about 1 lb. pasta
Process:
1. Place chicken in bottom of crockpot.
2. In a small bowl combine garlic, ranch mix, condensed soup, yogurt/sour cream and bacon pieces.
3. Mix well.
4. Pour sauce over chicken.
5. Cover and allow to cook on high for 4 hours OR on low for 7-8 hours.
Before serving shred chicken breasts; they should shred easily.  {I shredded the chicken after about 5 hours of cooking on low, and allowed to cook the remaining time to let chicken absorb the sauce flavorings.}
6. Cook pasta according to directions, strain and pour into serving dish.
7. Top pasta with chicken mixture.
8. Enjoy with a fresh salad and/or some fresh baked bread.
Enjoy!  Let me know what you think!

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say; let me know what you think. I look forward to comments and will reply to your comments or questions! Thanks for checking out my blog; come back to visit soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...