Saturday, August 3, 2013

Double Chocolate Banana Bread

Double Chocolate Banana Bread!  Ooo, the kids love this one!

I found this recipe in my Cooking Club magazine a while ago and have made it several times for the kids.  Its great!

Ingredients:
-1 cup sugar
-2 eggs
-1/3 cup vegetable oil {I usually use canola, but sometimes I substitute applesauce!}
-3 ripe bananas
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-1 1/2 cups flour
-1/2 cup cocoa powder
-1 tsp baking powder
-1 cup semisweet chocolate chips {you could use milk chocolate chips too, but I always buy the semisweet}

Process:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Spray a loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Beat together sugar, eggs, oil, vanilla and bananas broken into pieces.
3. Add flour, cocoa powder and baking soda.  Mix well.
4. Scrap sides of bowl and add chocolate chips.  Stir well.
5. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
6. Bake for 60 to 70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
7. Cool for 10 minutes in the pan.
8. Remove from pan onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Enjoy! Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say; let me know what you think. I look forward to comments and will reply to your comments or questions! Thanks for checking out my blog; come back to visit soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...