Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Fluffy Blueberry Waffles

These are tasty, tasty, tasty!  And I'm not even a big waffle lover.  I made these for supper on the last day of school; my son loves breakfast for supper!
The leftovers are great warmed in the microwave or if you want them crunchy toast them up in the toaster!  You could also freeze them and toast them as needed, just like store-bought toaster waffles!  Enjoy!
I found the recipe from Taste of Home.
Ingredients:  {I doubled this recipe in the pictures shown below.}
-2 cups flour
-2 1/4 tsp baking powder
-1/2 tsp salt
-1 2/3 cup milk
-3 eggs, separated
-1/4 cup butter, melted
-2/3 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
Process:
1. Beat egg whites until they form stiff peaks.  Set aside egg yolks.
2. Transfer beaten egg whites to a clean glass or metal bowl, set aside.
3. In a mixing bowl {I used the same one that I beat the egg whites in}, combine flour, baking powder and salt.  Mix slightly.
4. Continue mixing while pouring in milk.
5. Add butter and egg yolks to batter mixture.
6. Beat well to combine.
7. Stir in blueberries using a spoon or spatula.
8. Add beaten egg whites to batter.  Gently mix/fold in the egg whites to keep their fluffy texture.
9. Preheat waffle iron.  Pour batter on iron, close and allow to cook.
10. Repeat with remaining batter.
11. Enjoy with syrup, berries and/or whipped cream.

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say; let me know what you think. I look forward to comments and will reply to your comments or questions! Thanks for checking out my blog; come back to visit soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...