Monday, June 24, 2013

Old Fashioned Meatloaf

This is a really great meatloaf; even to rival my mom's meatloaf which is fantastic!  Okay, they have a lot of the same ingredients so maybe that's why!?!  But the one thing that is different about this one is it has garlic powder and coriander in it.  

You could make make this meatloaf the day before and bake it the next day; you may need to bake it a little longer, probably about 15 to 20 minutes longer so the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.

This is yet another recipe someone shared on facebook and I don't know who?; so sorry I don't have a source for you, but if you know who's recipe this is please share!  

The last time I made this I doubled the recipe and made it in an 8 x 11 inch baking dish.  Enjoy!

Ingredients:
-1 lb. ground beef
-1/2 cup oatmeal {you could also use cracker crumbs or bread crumbs}
-1 egg
-1/2 cup milk {you could also use evaporated milk or half and half}
-1 tsp salt
-1/2 tsp black pepper
-1/2 tsp garlic powder
-1/2 tsp ground coriander
-1/4 cup chopped bell pepper, optional {I don't use, because of the kids}

Topping:
-1 cup water
-1/2 cup ketchup {and/or barbecue sauce; I use about half ketchup and half barbecue sauce}

Process:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Spray a 9 or 10 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, combine all meatloaf ingredients.
I know my ground beef looks pale;
I thawed in in some water
and there was a hole in the meat bag.
3. Mix meatloaf ingredients well; I usually just use my clean hands, but you could use a spoon.
4. Evenly pat the meatloaf mixture into the prepared dish.
5. Bake for 1 hour until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.
6. Remove meatloaf from oven.
7. Mix together the ketchup and/or barbecue sauce and water in a small bowl.
I used about 1/4 cup homemade
ketchup and 1/4 cup barbecue sauce.
8. Spread sauce evenly over meatloaf.
9. Return meatloaf to oven for another 15 minutes.
10. Remove from oven; let rest 5-10 minutes and serve.  Enjoy!

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say; let me know what you think. I look forward to comments and will reply to your comments or questions! Thanks for checking out my blog; come back to visit soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...