Friday, April 26, 2013

French Apple Cake

Alright, its been too long since I've posted a recipe {considering I am always cooking!}.  
This is a great recipe and actually very easy to put together!  It keeps great in the fridge and is fantastic cold or warmed just a bit in the microwave.
I found this recipe from Food Wanderings in Asia.
Ingredients:
-3/4 cup plus 1 tbsp flour
-3/4 tsp baking powder
-1/8 tsp salt
-3 large apples {I used 5 average sized apples}, peeled, cored and chopped into 1 inch chunks
-2 eggs
-3/4 cup sugar
-2 tbsp rum {I used Captain Morgan's Special Reserve, you could also substitute water or apple juice}
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-8 tbsp {1 stick, 1/2 cup} butter, melted and cooled {You could probably substitute 1/2 cup apple sauce to make this more healthy!  I haven't tried it that way yet, but I think it would work out great!}
Process:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Lightly grease an 8 or 9 inch spring form pan.
3. Whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, eggs, sugar, rum and vanilla.
4. Add apple chunks.
5. Add melted butter to apple mixture.
6. Stir well, scraping the sides and bottom of the bowl.
7. Pour mixture into prepared pan, spread evenly.
8. Bake for about 60 minutes.
9. Cool on a wire rack for about 15 minutes before removing the sides of the pan.
10. Cool completely before removing from the bottom of the pan.
11. Cut into slices and enjoy!  You can dust each slice with powdered sugar just before serving, if desired.

Print Friendly and PDF

3 comments:

  1. I've made this cake many times. To eliminate the cholesterol I use Light Tasting Olive Oil instead of butter. I've also used brown organic sugar and white whole wheat flour. Always delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds great! Thanks for the suggestions! I think wheat flour would be great!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say; let me know what you think. I look forward to comments and will reply to your comments or questions! Thanks for checking out my blog; come back to visit soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...