Thursday, January 24, 2013

Great Baked Ham Sandwiches

These are absolutely awesome sandwiches!  

You could assemble them all ahead of time, you could then freeze them and then just bake what you need when you need them.

I used my Hawaiian Bread recipe and made 1/3 of the batch into rolls/buns.  The Hawaiian Bread is a fantastic accompaniment to ham!

I found the original recipe for these sandwiches from AllRecipes.
Ingredients for Spread:
-1/2 cup butter, softened
-2 tbsp mayo {I used Miracle Whip}
-2 tbsp prepared mustard
-1/4 cup chopped onion {I used minced dried onion}
-2 tbsp poppy seeds
-salt and pepper to taste

Other Sandwich Ingredients:
-about 2 lb. ham {I used leftovers from my Ham with Ham Gravy}
-cheese, {anything you like, I used smoked Gouda; Swiss would be great too!}
-12 to 16 burger buns {I used my Hawaiian Buns}
Process:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a small bowl combine butter, mayo, mustard, onion and poppy seeds.
3. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Whisk together until thoroughly combined.
5. Spread the mixture over both sides of the inside of each bun.
6. Add cheese to each sandwich.
7. Add ham to each sandwich.
{TIP: if you cut the ham into smaller pieces it will be easier to eat.}
8. Wrap each assembled sandwich in foil and place on a baking sheet.  {Or freeze to use later.}
9. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until warmed all the way through.  Bake frozen sandwiches for about 20-25 minutes.
10. Enjoy!

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say; let me know what you think. I look forward to comments and will reply to your comments or questions! Thanks for checking out my blog; come back to visit soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...