Friday, September 28, 2012

Herbed Dipping Oil

This is delicious and super easy to make!  Since the herb mixture will keep for up to 6 months, I mixed up some extra in a jar so I can make it even quicker when we decide it would be good with our meal.  {I also put the recipe on the jar so I can make more without having to look everywhere for the recipe.} 

I found the recipe in my Taste of Home Annual Recipes 2012.  And its a keeper!


We first tried it with Fantastic Foccacia Bread, my husband loved it!  


I think it would also be great drizzled over a soup or meat!  Yum!


Ingredients for 3 Batches:

-1 tbsp dried minced garlic
-1 tbsp dried crushed rosemary
-1 tbsp dried oregano
-2 tsp dried basil
-1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
-1/2 tsp salt
-1/2 tsp ground pepper

Additional Ingredients for Making 1 Batch:

-1 tbsp water
-1/2 cup olive oil

Process:

In an air tight container combine the first seven ingredients, store in a cool dry place for up to 6 months.

To Prepare Dipping Oil:  

1. In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine 4 tsp herb mixture with 1 tbsp water.
2. Microwave, uncovered on high for 15 seconds.
3. Drain, squeezing out extra water.
4. Transfer to small shallow dipping dish and stir in 1/2 cup olive oil.
5. Serve with good fresh bread.
6. Enjoy!

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say; let me know what you think. I look forward to comments and will reply to your comments or questions! Thanks for checking out my blog; come back to visit soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...